PC Games Magazine: Salaries of employees of the gaming industry
PCGameTrek.Com has done, as every year, a survey of the salaries earned by professionals in the games industry in England. In this period it was a small drop (1 percentage point) compared with the previous year.
It is estimated that on average, this type of professional billing £ 31,509 pounds or $ 51,331 dollars a year. This translates into a monthly income of $ 4,277 dollars, I have no idea whether it will be a lot or a little compared to the cost of living in the region (if any reader knows please instruct).
There are other very interesting facts that are the average wages by industry area, like this:
* Marketing and Advertising: £ 44,133 / $ 72,358 (2009: £ 43,600 / $ 70,571)
* Services and Range: £ 32,790 / $ 52,808 (2009: £ 31.243 / $ 52,467)
* Development: £ 31,964 / $ 52,773 (2009: £ 30,552 / $ 49,113)
* Average: £ 18,056 / $ 29,125 (2009: £ 18,235 / $ 29,347)
* Communications: £ 28,458 / $ 47,567 (2009: £ 26,673 / $ 42,896)
Something that does not fit much on the subject but that strikes me is the considerable attention that the dollar depreciated against the pound, you can actually see that money is the strongest. In short, these are the data on the income of the people in charge of giving us fun year after year.
What do you think?